Monday, December 15, 2008

Merry Christmas to MEEEE!

For Christmas this year (and we have been saying this for SEVEN YEARS now) we [Dave] finished our fireplace in the basement. And since we'd have a big mess anyway, I decided we should paint also. What a job! We painted first, and then Dave got to work on the fireplace. He made the mantle himself, including the distressing, painting and staining (see the close-ups) and VOILA!!! (So mad at myself for forgetting the BEFORE photo)

This is a sample of what the wall surrounding the fireplace has been for seven years. Seriously.

Dave even carved our initials on the side of the mantle. Is that true love or what?


And I FINALLY got to put my tree up! It is right next to the fireplace, so I had to wait till that mess was gone. (Thanks for asking Andrea.)
And this is my new ornament for '08. Santa's Sweet Ride.

18 comments:

Hayley said...

I've seen the before, and LOVE the after! It looks totally fabulous, and I'm loving your Christmas decor on the shelf. Perfecto.

And just for you, my verification is
outooniz.

I like it.

Stephanie said...

I love it! What a talented man! Of course you decorated it just perfectly. Lovely!

Andrea said...

I love it Eileen! I absolutely love the mantel, all the decorations and your tree is beautiful. You are one of the most talented persons I know.

Jena said...

oh You never needed that fireplace to be finished! i loved the red lines! ha ha Yea, and I LOVE IT. Does that mean Dave wants to make a mantle for me?!!! Tell him i'll pay him generously! ha ha love you guys and MERRY CHRISTMAS Leenie

Mandi Moon said...

Wow! It looks great! Painting is not at easy as it looks. :-) I love the initials carved. True love at it's finest!

Billy and Nikki said...

I'm so impressed, it looks amazing! Love the "BELLS", Merry Christmas!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

That is SO nice!! I love it! You guys did a great job- I love the decorations, too!

Robyn said...

I love it! It was well worth the wait! Good Job, Dave! Can't wait to see you next week, we're counting down the days...but hoping it doesn't come too fast. I am so not ready! (Kaylee had her dental work done today, sedation and all-it wasn't fun!)

Hanne and Fam said...

It looks fantastic! I LOVE your Christmas decorations!

Andy and Mallory: said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I love it. Your basement is always so warm a cozy and now it's even better!

jenjamin said...

So cute. All of it! I Love the fireplace. It is amazing how those pieces really are like a piece of furniture, it can decorate a room. VERY CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the fireplace and that Christmas tree is amazing! Will you come decorate my tree?

Georgana Hall said...

Love it Eileen!

Krysta said...

So cute! I love it! Merry Christmas to you...

Hiatts said...

Wow, that looks amazing! Your guys did a great job!!

Jenni said...

Great job finishing the fireplace!!! Wow! I'm so impressed and love the tree and Christmas Decor! Merry Christmas to YOU!!! Between your Happy Disneyland Birthday and Fun christmas gift you've had a great couple of months :)

Scott and Glory said...

Eileen~ It looks so GREAT. I am sure you love it. The Bells are the bomb. Come see them at my casa. They are fun. You are so creative.

Andrea said...

Beautiful. What a creative mantel. I love it. Thanks for posting pics of your tree just for me.