Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Christmas Tag

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Neither. Yucky. There are not many drinks I like. Water. Soda.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa wraps EVERYTHING. Except bikes and the such.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. Only cuz I don't have any. Love the whole concept. I like to smooch.

5. When do you put up your decorations? ASAP! The sooner the better.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I'm a food baby. Not a fan of fancy dishes. I hate pumpkin pie, or anything pumpkin. Love the ham and/or turkey. And please pass the mashed potatoes!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Delivering newspapers with my dad, in the snow, early one Christmas morning. It was to the homes in our neighborhood. It was my brothers route and he was sick. Good times.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember the actual learning, but I deffinitely remember the relief. How lame is that? But I remember being happy about knowing that I could go directly to the source and make my wants and wishes known. Especially if I changed my mind about anything!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Always!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With my collectable Hallmark ornaments. I cherish them. I've been gettin one a year (and sometimes more after Christmas @ half off) since I was about 12 years old. So pretty much, I have a zillion.

11. Can you ice skate? No

12. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really.

13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with FAMILY! Especially now that I have 3 kids with other families and I only get them every other year (as far as Christmas day goes). And this is the year I get them! Merry Christmas to me!!!

14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Peppermint ice cream! With a tiny bit of hot fudge on it.

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Every single tradition is my favorite. I love the word tradition. Anything worth repeating is worth loving.

16. What tops your tree? A Santa. I would be fine with replacing it with something else. I've had it for YEARS.

17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? GIVING! Don't get me wrong. I enjoy receiving too, but sometimes I hate that other people have spent money on me.

18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Love them all except Little Drummer Boy. Angela (The Office) has made me hate that one. Actually, I hated it already.

19. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Kind of. I think it's up to your own heart to keep the right spirit of Christmas.

Thanks Melissa! I tag Mallory and Kellie.

2 comments:

Romney said...

I would have many of the same answers to these questions! Christmas is the best!!

Andrea said...

That was fun to read. You should take some pictures of your tree. I would love to see all those ornaments. A Zillion I am so sure...
Thanks for the fun reminders of how great this holiday is.