Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Sista [and Mutha] weekend!

My sisters and Mom came up for the weekend! Here's a re-cap:
1. Dinner @ Cafe Sabor. No photo.
2. Made some craft pretties.
3. Stayed up till 2:30 am talking and laughing [mom crashed earlier].
4. Went to TWILLIGHT! (see my review at the end of post)


5. Went shopping!!!

6. Said goodbye. =( I'll see them all again this week. They all live in Utah County (one in Davis County) I love my gal pals and it was fun to have them all to myself. We decided to make this an annual affair. Hopefully "New Moon" will be released within the year.


Twillight review: LOVED IT! Edward wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I thought he played the part VERY well, it was just his looks that were a little dissappointing. I thought he looked VERY good in pieces. (side view or just his eyes). Bella was perfect! I thought ALL characters were a very good fit. I give it 2 thumbs up. LOVED the location. All scenes were how I would have pictured it. The climbing of the tree was a little dumb. Don't remember that in the book. Loved the Cullen house. Can't wait to see the wedding!

Tell me what you thought. Please.

12 comments:

Hiatts said...

I love girls weekends! I also loved the twilight movie! I think the exact same as you did about Edward! Pictured the Cullen house completely different from the movie though. Glad you had a fun time with your family this weekend.

Robyn said...

Thanks for the fun weekend! I love that you are my sister and I love that we all have so much fun together!

Kaylee says: I just want to go to Disneyland with you and I love Ursula's crazy sister.

Hayley said...

I loved it too, and just thought it was so much fun to see it all played out onscreen. And love your girls weekend, though we missed you!

Janalee Hubbard said...

I loved the movie too, thought all the characters were a great fit, but couldn't they have found a better looking Jacob? He needs to be waaaaay better looking to compete with Edward in the next one.

BTW, I loved your lesson today. Thank you for the heartfelt message, I won't forget it soon. I came home and told my family all about it and it came at a perfect time, this week of Thanksgiving. Have a great one!

Hanne and Fam said...

I thought Twilight was great! It was actually better than I thought it was going to be. I agree that Edward grows on you a little. I plan on going and seeing it again this week with Dirk.

Krysta said...

What a fun weekend. I think I'm gonna' have to see the movie!

Mandi Moon said...

We do a Sista Weekend every year. It's a blast. It's something to look forward to every year. We alternate whose year it is to host it. This year is mine!!! We always end up scrapbooking most of the time though.

jenjamin said...

Really...??? You liked Bella? That is were I think the movie failed the most. For me they did a terrible job making her likable and she needed to be likable so that I could care what happened to her. The movie needed to protray that SO badly and to me they didn't pull it off. I even found myself indifferent about her relationship with her Dad which was a disappointment, in the book that was a sweet relationship (her cooking for him all the time) made her real and vulnerable. I was rather disappointed but hopefully it will make a ton of money there there will be more to out into the next one. can you tell I am married to a director?

So glad you had a good sisters retreat. We do those too and I long for them all year round. ;)

Rowley's said...

I was actually pleasantly surprised. I wish that Edward would have softened his face for atleast a little more of the movie, but overall, I liked it. I'm going to make Nate see if with me, he can't wait...okay maybe he can :) See ya Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I felt the exact same way. Edward grew on me, Bella was perfect, I personally LOVED Alice, and the first time I saw the house in Forks, I leaned over and said to my sister-in-law, "that's EXACTLY how I pictured it". I thought it was very true to the book for the most part. It was great!

Ballard Family said...

How fun! Sisters are the best. I love girls nights. Also loved twilight, I missed going with the ward though I didn't hear about until that day and already had plans I would have totally went again!

Christian and Melissa said...

I agree about the climbing trees part. I strongly DISAGREE with Edward. I thought he was PERFECT! He was so mysterious and a little sexy. What more could you ask for? I was disappointed with Bella. I just thought she was as good as an actress as the rest of them. Other than that, everyone was perfect!